“Be an advocate for change in the state and community for adopting laws and legal practices that make the Wausau Metro Area a Safe Community for Everyone”
Accomplishments to Date
One of the legal/legislative group’s first goals was to pursue legislation to help protect lawyers tackling contentious, difficult family law cases and those who work on behalf of our most vulnerable. Our goal was to find a way to help protect lawyers like Sara. On April 11, 2018 the subcommittee accomplished their first goal, and Governor Walker signed Sara’s Law in the recently dedicated Sara Quirt-Sann Memorial Courtroom at the Marathon County Courthouse.
- To learn more about Sara’s Law (Wis. Stat. §940.203): https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/940/II/203
- Radio interview with Scott Sann, Sara’s husband and Lance Leonhard, WMS committee member.
- Article drafted by Lance Leonhard, WMS committee member: Sara’s Law Signed at Marathon County Courthouse April 11, 2018
- Educate and foster a discussion between law enforcement, the legal community and community at large regarding Sara’s Law
- Explore ways to prevent workplace violence, including expanding the possibility of obtaining an injunctions and restraining order against an individual on behalf a business
- Robyn De Vos
- Scott Sann
- Lance Leonhard
- Sara Guild
- Jessica Tlusty
- Tony Gonzalez
- Robert Mielke